Monday, September 1, 2008

Now

2 Cor. 6:2 "For He says, 'In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you'. Behold now is the acceptable time, behold now is the day of salvation."

These are two basic needs of the human heart...to be heard and to be helped. I know I really appreciate it when people listen to me. You know, when I feel like I am not just mouthing words but actaully have an audience that is interesed in what I have to say. (Hopefully what I have to say is worthwhile.) The cool thing is, God listens. At just the right time God gives us His ear. He listens to what we have to say. It is kind of interesting that this is at an accepted time, a proper time. In order for there to be an accepted time there must be an unacceptable time. So when is that right time that God will listen to me? (Something to ponder.)

The other need is that we all need to be helped. We are not self sufficient. We need help. We need someone to come to come to our aid and deliver us. We need to be saved. God wants to do that, but once again, it is only on the day of salvation - a specific day.

So, when is the day that God will listen? When is the day that He will deliver? If the verse just stopped here we would be left guessing, but it doesn't. It gives us an answer. The answer is NOW. Right now. God's ear is open right now. He wants to hear from me. Deliverance is available right now. He wants to help me. It isn't like: "The check is in the mail." It is: "Hey. Do you want to be heard? Do you want me to help you and deliver you? Then I am ready right now." We don't have to wait for God.

If anyone reading this wonders: "Does God want to hear me? Does God want to help me? Will God ever deliver me from this mess?" The answer is a clear: "Yes!" And He wants to do it immediately. All we have to do is come to Him and ask. He is always ready...right NOW.

No comments: