Monday, August 23, 2010

Madeline


Mark 10:16 "And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them and blessed them."

Yesterday was a very special day in our lives. Michelle gave birth to Madeline Anne Underwood. The particulars? Born at 3:45pm, 8lbs 13oz (Wow), 21 inches long. Mich did great. She was in labor for over 24 hours from the beginning of contractions to the end and she pushed for almost two hours. Man, am I glad I am not a woman! My little girl was amazing! Georgann was able to be with Michelle the whole time and witness this amazing miracle. I was able to be with her up until the pushing, then Grandpa had to leave. Oh well. I stood outside the door for two hours and listened to Brenda Coleman (our good friend and Mich's personal nurse) count to 10 at least 100 times. Then Madeline popped into the world.

A couple of days ago I read this verse. I can only think how much Jesus loves Madeline and the amazing plan that He has for her life. He has definitely taken us all up in His arms and blessed us. Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful gift!

1 comment:

Kellee Flatt said...

How exciting! She is beautiful! Congrats to your whole family! What a blessing!

Kellee