Friday, December 12, 2008

Warped

Is. 47:10 "For you have trusted in your wickedness; You have said, 'No one sees me'. Your wisdom and knowledge have warped you. And you have said in your heart, 'I am and there is no one beside me'".

I read the front page of yesterday's Plain Dealer. It outlined how political corruption in this country is nationwide. It itemized various arrests and investigations that have taken place all over the U.S. . (In light of the Governor from Illinois' problems.) It described how this seems to be a national epidemic. Now, take that with the banking bailouts, and the Big 3 problems and the forecosure rates and Union's unwillingness to bend when needed. Everyone is trusting in their own wickedness. That is what is happening. We have a nation of people who have said: "No one sees me." Our wisdom and our knowledge have warped us. We say: "I am and there is no one beside me." That is - "No God is going to tell me what to do. No Bible is going to tell me how to live. There are no absolutes. I will live according to the dictates of my own wisdom and knowledge. I will do what is right for me because there is no right or wrong."

Where has this humanistic mindset left us? Where we are. Political corruption. Institutional corruption. Individual corruption. Now we are going to reap the consequences. v11 - "Therefore evil shall come upon you...".

Unfortunately, we haven't learned from the past. We don't look at nations that ignored God and went their own way in history. We forget about Babylon. We forget about Rome. We forget about Germany. Now we are warped and are repeating the wickedness of the past and will have to live with the results. God be merciful, please.

No comments: