Friday, August 28, 2009

Duh!

Ps. 99:2,3,5,9 "The Lord is great in Zion and He is high above all the peoples. Let them praise your great and awesome Name - He is holy...Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at his footstool -He is holy...Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy hill, for the Lord our God is holy."

No clue. I have no clue. We have no clue. We are a bunch of dumb sheep. If we had any clue of what God is like, we would all fall on our faces...but we don't, because we have no clue. He is great, he is high above the peoples (us), He is awesome, full of awe, to be feared and revered, and He is holy, He is holy, He is holy. Kind of like in Revelation where the four living creatures cry out "Holy, holy, holy Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come." Rev. 4:8

The four living creatures get it but we don't...but wait, just wait. When Jesus is revealed to this world then every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Someday we will all get it, someday we will all have a clue - every one of us and our response will be appropriate.

But what about now? What about those of us who claim to have an inkling. We should be living differently. We should be responding appropriately. We should be worshipping fully. We should be praising. We should be exalting.

I have to ask myself: "Is my worhsip only something that I do in public? Shouldn't my worship be full throttle when I am alone? Just me and God. I mean, who is looking then? Where is my heart? Do I really believe this stuff that I teach about , that I sing about? Why am I so restrained?" Because I really have no clue. God let me grow in my knowledge of you so that my private and public worship...so that my life is what you want to see. Not a show, not going through the motions, but genuine, heartfelt, authentic worship - because I am seeing You more and more.

No comments: