Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brand New

2 Cor. 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold all things become new."

"Therefore" One of my old pastors used to say: "If you see the word 'therefore' know what its there for." In other words, look back. Therefore, so then, because of this. Because of what? Because we are dead, because we no longer live according to the flesh consider this. If anyone, anyone means anyone...any person, me, you, my wife, my kids, my neighbors, my boss, the person I just had a disagreement with, the President, the ruler of Iran, _______________ (fill in the blank), if anyone is in Christ, what happens? They become a new, fresh, unprecedented creation. The old stuff in my life, the original state of my birth passes away, the old person perishes...it dies and each and every part of me becomes new, becomes fresh, is unused and not worn out.

Man, this is hope. So many people are walking around today thinking that they are living life, but inside they are tired, worn out, aimless. If we are really honest, we know that our lives are empty. We try to fill them with entertainment, sports, sex, food, drink, drugs, relationships, but we end up finding out that it all gets old. Jesus said that if you want a fresh start, if you want to live a new life, if you want to live on purpose with purpose come with Me. The old stuff will die and you will have a fresh, new life. You will be a brand new person. Here is a ton of hope for the hopeless. All things are new.

The question for me is this: I know that I am in Christ. I have been changed. Is everything still becoming new? How fresh is my walk with the Lord? Have I returned to the old dead ways or am I living in the newness that He has given to me? I am a brand new creation. Live like it.

No comments: