Sunday, July 6, 2008

We Win

2 Cor. 2:14 "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in evey place."

Defeated. Depressed. Discouraged. Disheartened. Dispairing. Down. Can any of these words describe me at any time in my life? Sure. I know that circumstances have entered and gotten me down in the past. Things have occured around me that have resulted in discouragement. I know that it happens to everyone. That is why I am glad that Paul reminds us of our true position in Christ. We Win. "Thanks be to God who ALWAYS leads us in triumph in Christ." If anyone should walk around with confidence, if anyone should have a smile on their face, if anyone should be able to encourage others even when negative things enter our lives, it is believers. Why? Because we will ALWAYS triumph in Christ. This verse does not say that triumph, victory, winning is only going to happen periodically if I am lucky. It says that I will ALWAYS triumph in Jesus. If rotten circumstances hit, I should ask the question: "What victory does God want me to experience through this?" This verse is a promise - we will ALWAYS triumph in Christ.

What is the natural result of this positive outlook? We will smell. We will project a fragrance. Not really a scent that people will take in through their noses, but instead a certain air about us. An aroma that will lead others to pay attention.

I can think of people who are like this. No matter what, they are encouraging people. They are positive people. They are building people. Even when things are not going so great in their lives. Sadly, I can't always say this about myself, so how can I see it happen? How can I have an air about me where people sense victory? I think what I need to do is keep my mind and heart focused on what God is doing. It is God who is at work, not me. He will bring about the victory...always.

Aromatheapy is a big deal now. We should be aromatherapy to people around us, allowing them to experience His knowledge in every place. After all, we win. We ALWAYS will.

No comments: