Sunday, February 6, 2011

He Listens

Micah 7:7 "Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me."


Now here is something that blows me away: God listens to me. Isn't that crazy? The almighty, awesome, powerful, holy, righteous God who rules over everything hears me. He not only hears me, but He hears every person who calls to Him in faith. Think about this, millions of people are praying right now and God hears each one of them individually and answers each one individually. That is what our God is like. He has the ability to listen to each prayer and respond to each prayer. It really is amazing.


We think the internet is cool. I mean, you can Google any topic at any time and get information from all kinds of sources. It really is a fantastic invention. God is bigger. God is greater. God hears all, sees all, answers all, responds to all in perfect timing. We don't get a bunch of answers. (Bing still gives you a ton of answers, no matter what they say.) We get exactly the answer that we need at the exact time that we need it.


Micah knew this and in the middle of a bunch of people that he could not trust (he couldn't trust his friend, or his family members or even his wife) because everyone was out for themselves, destroying other people's live, taking bribes, scheming together…so Micah went to the One he knew he could trust…the Lord. "I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation." Here is the One he could rely upon so even though he suggested that these people not even share their thoughts with their spouse, he would share His deepest thoughts with His Savior. He would hear him. He would listen to him. He would care and take care of him. He was going to watch God. He was going to put his hope in Him.


The same is true today. God hears and He cares. No matter what is going on around me, no matter who may have let me down, God hears. He listens. He will answer. I need to look to Him, watch Him, wait on Him, hope in Him. He is totally, absolutely trustworthy.


Thank you God.


No comments: