Tuesday, August 30, 2011

“I Will”

Ex 4: 12 "Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say."

I don't always listen well. Just ask my wife. She will tell me something and it will not register for some reason. Weeks later I will say: "Hey, what about….?" And she will say: "Don't you remember? I told you that…".

I think that Moses was in that "not listening" mode. God just got done telling him who He was. He just got done telling Moses: "I am the eternal One. I exist. I am all that you need." And then Moses, in his lack of listening once again questions God and basically said: "Hey. Don't You know me? I can't speak well. How am I going to go to Pharaoh and these people and explain to them that they are going to be released from their captivity and who You are?" Once again, God had to remind Moses of who He was and He said: "I WILL". I will be with your mouth. I will teach you what to say. "Remember Moses, I am God. I am all sufficient. I have this thing under control. Don't doubt Me."

Unfortunately, I am a lot like Moses. I get my eyes off of who God is and I place them on who I am. When that happens either I make a dumb move or an unwise decision because I am relying on my own smarts, or I don't step out because I don't believe. That was probably Moses' problem. It wasn't a problem with his hearing…maybe he heard God say: "I AM"…he just didn't believe it.

Today, as I walk through my day, I need to know and remember and practice the fact that God is all I need. He is my mouth. He will teach me what to say in all circumstances. He is my wisdom. He will guide me in the right direction. When I have an opportunity to plant the seed of His truth, let Him speak through me. I really don't know what to say sometimes, but God is all I need. He will take my words and mold them into what is needed for the hearer. Believe it. Believe Him.

No comments: