Friday, October 28, 2011

Blessed

Eph 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places," ESB


 

This blows me away. What Paul says to this church in Ephesus applies to every believer today. In Christ I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing that is available in heaven. I am not even able to comprehend that. I don't even know what that means. I really don't have a concept of what all of those blessings are. An frankly, I don't think we are going to know what they all are until we get to heaven.


 

But for a starter, I thought that I would try to list a few of them. How about life that lasts forever…and ever…and ever. How about grace, and peace, and holiness, and love, and adoption, and acceptance, and redemption, and forgiveness, and wisdom, and insight, and knowledge, and purpose, and an inheritance, and security, and hope, and riches, and power. These are just a few. These are the things that Paul outlines in the first chapter…and there is more to come. When I think about people, and the things that we need, I mean really need, it isn't money or stuff, it is the things that God freely gives us in Jesus, and it only come from Christ. I can't get eternal life, or forgiveness, or wisdom, or be a child of God, rescuing or any of these other blessings any other way. There is no other source. These are all blessings that come when we are in Christ.


 

No wonder Paul says: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." He is the One who set all of this up. He is the One who makes all of this available. He is the One who deserves our praise and adoration.


 

As a believer, how can I be discontent? I should be forever thankful because look at how rich I am. I have been blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing. There is more to come.


 

No comments: