Thursday, November 17, 2011

Enlighten

Eph 3:9 "and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;" NKJV


 

There are certain times in my life when I was totally in the dark about some things. I mean, I had no clue what was going on. I didn't understand what people were talking about. I just could not connect. Then, for some reason it clicked. I was enlightened. I finally got it. It was one of those eureka moments and it became clear.


 

This is what Paul said that he wanted all to get. He wanted everyone to see, to be enlightened about this mystery that had been hidden from the beginning of all time. And when this enlightenment came it brought about fellowship. The two groups became one. The Jews and the Gentiles no longer were separated but they were all brought into fellowship through Christ. This is something that the Ephesians really struggled with. I mean, here were a bunch of believers who were wondering if the division between the two groups still existed. Paul was telling them that Jesus broke down the dividing wall and now they both had fellowship, Koinonia, oneness…through the One who created everything.


 

Now this is kind of working on a theme. Paul was called to preach the unsearchable riches, the incomprehendable abundance of Christ and he wanted us all to see it, to understand it, to be enlightened by it. This is not unreachable. This is not unobtainable. And part of it is this unity aspect of bring all people together in Jesus. Now from a human perspective, this is impossible. I mean really, when you think about history it is filled with conflict between people groups. It has always gone on and I believe that it will continue to go on. There is only one thing, there is only one Person who is able to break down religious, racial, societal, and political barriers…it is Jesus, the One who prayed: "That they may be one…" John 17.


 

I wonder if this mystery is a reality in my life? Are there any walls that Jesus needs to tear down? Is there anyone that I have issues with that this mystery needs to invade?


 

God enlighten me.


 

No comments: