Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sight

Matt 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."


 

Another amazing promise. If I am pure in heart, I will see God! This is crazy! I will actually see God? I will see what He is like? I will experience Him? I will understand Him more fully?


 

The word for "see" is "optanomai". It is where we get our word "optometrist". It actually means: "to look at, to behold". It also means: "to appear, to allow one's self to be seen". So if I am pure in heart God will appear to me. He will reveal Himself to me and I will behold Him. Wild stuff. How does this happen? I can I see God?


 

I have to be pure in heart. My inner man has to be clean. It has to be free from corrupt desire. It has to be free from sin. It has to be free from guilt. It has to be genuine, sincere, blameless, innocent. And once again, just like yesterday where God said that if I hunger and thirst for righteousness I will be filled, so today, if I am pure in heart I will see God. This is a promise. God will do this. He will definitely reveal Himself to me.


 

The question is: Am I seeing God? Is He revealing Himself to me? If He is, then I know the condition of my heart. If He is not, then I know the condition of my heart. Kind of sobering.


 

No comments: