Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life Change...Destiny Change

Rom 10:8-10 "'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart' (that is, the word of faith which we preach); that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

There is something about our mouths and our hearts…they are connected. I am not talking about the physical heart. What I am talking about is the inner man, what makes us tick inside, what motivates us, the center of all of our physical and spiritual life. What goes on, on the inside has an impact on what comes out on the outside.

In this instance, what goes on, on the inside and comes out on the outside determines our spiritual destiny. It establishes our deliverance from sin and self and Satan.

What happens on the inside? Belief. An absolute persuasion that Jesus is no longer dead…that He is alive and well. If I am totally convinced that Jesus rose from the dead, if I have this deep conviction inside that this event actually took place, it will reveal itself through my words. What will I say? That Jesus is Lord. I will declare openly that Jesus Christ is the owner, controller and Master of my life…and the sovereign of all the universe. When this happens something amazing occurs. I am saved. I am delivered. I am redeemed. I am bought back. Before this takes place I am on my way to destruction. Before this takes place I am totally lost and going down fast. Before this takes place I am destined for Hell. But…when this takes place everything changes. My destiny is changed. My future is changed. My life is changed. My motivations are changed. I am a totally new man.

What we saw recently in church exemplified this very truth. We saw many people confess with their mouths. We experienced what God does: Life change and destiny change. We saw God at work in salvation and deliverance. It is an amazing thing to watch, in my life and in the lives of others. Praise God.

No comments: