Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tranquilized

Rom 8:38,39 - "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. "

Assurance: All elements in our life work together for our good. Assurance: God is for us and we are more than conquerors. Assurance: Nothing can separate us from God’s love.

If we ever doubted, look at these verses. If we ever wondered if we were secure in Jesus, just look at these verses. If we ever wondered if God cared about us and holds us firmly in the palm of His hand, look at these verses.

Paul said that he was persuaded. He was convinced. He was confident. It is interesting, the word for persuaded can also be translated “tranquilized”. Paul was so sure of his position in Christ that he had total peace…he was tranquilized. This is how I should be as well.

All kinds of things have and will enter my life. I will experience life and death. I will experience spiritual forces. I will experience the present and future. I will experience this creation. It looks like Paul is trying to incorporate anything and everything that could impact my life and he is saying that nothing can separate me from God’s love. His love is secure. I don’t have to worry about whether what I do will change God’s love. It won’t. I don’t have to be concerned about what other people do because it won’t change God’s love for me. I don’t have to wonder whether this battle I am fighting will change God’s love because it will not. I don’t have to concern myself with the circumstances that enter my life because I know that God’s love is secure. It will not change. It will not waver. Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever and His love remains constant. It will always be there. He doesn’t love me any less if I screw up and He doesn’t love me any more if I glorify Him. His love stays the same and nothing will ever separate me from it.

The other day I was disappointed in myself because I screwed up. Fortunately, I know that the Lord lives in me because He convicted me. I still am disappointed in myself but God has forgiven me and he says this to me: “Glen, I love you. I always will…no matter what.” Thank you, Lord.

No comments: