Thursday, February 11, 2010

Every Detail

Rom 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. "

This verse follows the verses that state that the Spirit intercedes for us and prays according to the will of God. As a result, we know that all things work together for good. Why? Because the Spirit of God is praying for those who love God. The Spirit of God is praying for those who are the called of God. The Spirit of God is praying for me.

This is a verse of assurance. God is in control. His will and His purposes will always prevail. He sees the big picture. I only can see what is immediately in front of me but He is taking the long view and sees it all. He is working all things out in my life to fulfill His purpose for me, and it is for my good…if I am one who loves Him, if I am one who is called by Him.

God has control of every minute detail of my life. All things means each and every. Each and every detail of my life work together, partner together, labor with each other for that which is good, useful, excellent, and pleasant. This is the case for those who love God, for those who agape God, for those whose heart cares about what He wants unconditionally. This is the case for those who are called by God. The word for called means invited or divinely selected. If God has called me, if He has divinely selected me, if I love Him with all that I am, then I can have the assurance that He is working it all out for my ultimate joy.

Two question need to be asked when any circumstance (whether it is perceived to be good or bad) enters my life. They are: Do I love God? Am I called by Him? If I can say “yes” to both, then I don’t have to worry. God is working it all out for my best. On the flip side, if I am not called by Him, if I can’t say that I love Him, what happens to me is up in the air.

Thank God I can say “yes”.

No comments: