Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wild

I Cor 2:9,10 "But as it is written: 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.' But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God."

Paul is basically quoting Is. 64:4. It says: "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him." This is wild to me. Generally speaking, from the very beginning of creation men could not see, hear or understand all of the things that God is getting ready for His people. The wisdom of God is far beyond the human mind. It is not something that comes about naturally. Instead, His wisdom is imparted to us only though His Spirit. Paul later says: "These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches…" v13 This is the wild thing: God wants to be my Teacher. Things that are far beyond human understanding and comprehension can be understood by those who love Him. Things that men cannot and will not ever understand are available to those who have the Spirit of God. This is supernatural wisdom.

The very fact that God wants to teach me, the very fact that God wants to share His knowledge and wisdom with me blows me away. The God of all creation, the Lord, Jehovah, the eternally existing One who created it all wants to be My Teacher. He wants to share with me what He knows. And how does He do that? Through His Spirit. Jesus said it Himself: "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth…" John 16:13. The truth of God, the wisdom of God, the knowledge of God is ours because we have the Spirit of God…because, and I am holding on to my hat now, "we have the mind of Christ." v16 By mind he means all of the faculties of perceiving and understanding and feeling and judging and determining (Strongs). This is nuts! This is unreal! This is true! And we struggle in figuring out the will of God for our lives? And we vacillate back and forth in our decision making process? What is with that? We have the mind of Christ. We have the very mind of God! And He wants to teach me!

Man, do I need to be in communion with Him. I need to be in prayer. I need to be in His word. I need to wait and listen closely. Then I need to act or open my mouth in faith believing that He has given me the wisdom and knowledge that I need because I have the mind of Christ.


 

No comments: