Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It’s Time

Ecc 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:"


 

Here we are, January 3, 2012. The beginning of the third day of 2012 and it is a comfort to me to know that God is in control. This verse is commonly translated: "For everything there is a season…". The actual translation is: "There is an appointed time for everything…". An appointed time. "And a time for every matter under heaven."


 

Everything…everything…every matter…not one thing escapes the notice of God. In fact, not only does one thing not escape His notice, He appoints it all. Birth, death, planting, reaping, killing, healing, breaking, building, weeping, laughing, mourning, dancing, throwing away, gathering, embracing, avoiding that, seeking, losing, saving, spending, tearing, sowing, keeping silent, speaking, loving, hating, fighting, and peace making. There is an appointed time for everything. At just the right time something will happen. At just the right time someone will say something. At just the right time a decision will be made. At just the right time something will be provided.


 

As I walk through 2012 I want to see the hand of God at work in everything. I want to be aware of where He is moving and doing and working and speaking and teaching and leading. I want to see Him in my family. I want to see Him in my church. I want to see Him in my job. I want to see Him in this country. I want to see Him in this year's election. I want to see Him at work in our world. I think that as I watch things happen around me, I can say with confidence: "It's time." It is time for that thing, that decision, that event…because God is in it all and He has everything planned out according to His time and His purpose.


 

No comments: