Monday, January 16, 2012

My Award from God

Ecc9:9 "Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun." NASB


 

This verse is very personal to me. When Georgann and I were dating, I knew that I had grown to love her. Of course when that happens you ask yourself the question: "Is this the one? Is this the person I am supposed to marry?" That was the question that I was asking. Thank God I was spending time in His word and I was reading in the book of Ecclesiastes. I was in chapter nine and this verse popped out. Talk about confirmation! I truly believe that God was allowing me to see His heart for me. And now, 32 years later I am thankful for His word and His wisdom. My wife, the woman I love, is my reward in life. The word for reward actually means award from God. I have been awarded with a prize…and it is Georgann.


 

We just spent the weekend with our grand-daughter, Maddie. Now Maddie is an amazing little kid. Never complains. Never whines. Loves people. Enjoys our company. And energetic? I am not sure where she gets the energy. I spent the morning with her on Saturday, and by the time my wife got home, I was ready to take a nap. And my wife, my award from God? She was ready. She knows exactly what to do, how to entertain, what time everything needs to be done, and how to communicate with a 16 month old baby. She is amazing and her energy level seemed to equal Maddie's. As I come to think of it, she was like this with our girls…always one step ahead, always thinking, always planning, ready for any contingency. She was and is the best Mom that I know, and she is the best Grandmother (Gigi) that her grandkid(s) could ever have. She is a reward. And she is mine.


 

As far as me? She is the best. Not only was she one step ahead with our girls, she is constantly one step ahead of me. She is truly the Proverbs 31 woman in my life. I just sit here shaking my head amazed at the grace of God in my life. I sit here wondering why He would bless me the way that He has with my wife. Yet, He did. He has awarded me, and He will continue to award me because this verse says: "all the days of your fleeting life which has given you under the sun."


 

This is the way it is supposed to be. God wants to give each guy an award in his wife. He wants us to cherish her, and love her, and respect her, and honor her, and appreciate her. He wants us to know that she is our reward for our entire lives. Not just when we agree with one another, not just when things are going well, but at all times, in all circumstances…"until death do us part".


 

I have been richly rewarded in this life. Thank You God.

No comments: