Wednesday, February 8, 2012

One Guy

Ez 22:30 "And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none." ESV


 

One guy. Just one guy. That is all that was needed to prevent the hand of God's judgment to fall on Israel, but God looked and didn't find anyone.


 

Israel was a mess. Idolatry. Sexual immorality. Usury. Extortion. Violence. Power. Abuse. It was all there…and it was all encouraged. The leadership acted like they had direction but it didn't come from God. Kind of sounds familiar.


 

And God looked. He tried to find a guy who would repair the destruction. Who would bridge the gap so that He wouldn't destroy the country, but even God could not find a guy willing to do this. They were all interested in what they wanted. They were too consumed by their personal comfort. They were having too much fun and making too much money. No one was willing to take a stand.


 

As I think about this, I wonder what is going to happen in our country. As I write this our religious liberties are under attack. We have a President who thinks that he can tell religious organizations that they have to violate their long held beliefs, practices and convictions in order to fulfill his own agenda. We have a culture that is tolerant of every organization and every lifestyle with the exception of those who name the name of Jesus. I wonder how long this is going to go on? I wonder if there are men who will stand in the gap? I wonder if there are guys who will say: "Enough is enough.". Will we petition? Will we protest? Will we strike? Will we open our mouths? Will we pray? Will we act focused on eternity?


 

Probably a more pointed question is: What will I do? Will I stand in the gap? Will I be one guy?


 

No comments: