Friday, April 6, 2012

I Love This!

Job 33:26 "then man prays to God, and He accepts him; He sees his face with a shout of joy, and He restores to man His righteousness." ESV


 

So far I like this young guy, Elihu. What he has to say so far is true and compassionate. He doesn't come at Job as a superior, but he comes to him as an equal, a man, a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time, a "piece of clay". He says to Job: "I desire to justify you." No condemnation, just sympathy and encouragement.


 

Here are some encouraging words, not just for Job but for me: "man prays to God, and He accepts him; He sees his face with a shout of joy, and He restores to man His righteousness". I love it. When I talk to God He accepts me. He looks at me with favor. He is pleased with me. When I talk to God, it makes Him happy. That is wild. That I could satisfy God's heart and that He would embrace me. When you try to spend time thinking about this, it has to blow your mind. This God of eternity accepts puny me.


 

Not only that, when He sees me He verbally rejoices. He shouts. Another verse puts it this way: "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zeph3:17 This eternal God likes to see me. He is thrilled to see me. When I come to Him and He sees my face, He shouts out a loud: "YES!".


 

And then He does something that I cannot do. He gives me His righteousness. I am dirty. I am sinful. I am a mess. There is nothing right in me. But when I come to Him, when I talk to Him, He embraces me, He rejoices over me and He gives me His character.


 

So pray? Talk to God? Should I? You bet. As much as I can.


 

No comments: