Saturday, September 3, 2011

Glory (cont.)

Ex 9:16 "But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."

What is my purpose on the earth? Ever wonder about that? Why am I here? To make money? To raise a family? To help people? What is my purpose?

God sure had a purpose for Pharaoh. To show His power and that God's Name, I AM, would be declared over all the earth. That is quite a purpose. It seems like it is a purpose that Pharaoh should embrace. It seems like a purpose that anyone should embrace. Pharaoh had a different idea. He was trying to mess up God's plan. He was trying to thwart God's desire. The thing is, Pharaoh did not know that he was not in charge. With all of his conniving, with all of his deception God was still in control of the entire situation. And God was going to reveal His glory throughout the whole earth because of what Pharaoh did. Even in Pharaoh's rebellion, God was going to glorify Himself.

It is hard to understand, but God even uses the rotten things in this world to reveal Himself because, as I wrote yesterday, all of time, all of history, all of His creation, all of the people that God has created are here for one purpose…to show His power, to declare His Name, to reveal His glory. Look at what Paul says: "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him." Col 1:16 God/Jesus has made it all and He has made it all for His own purposes.

So when I look at things like Presidential elections, when I see people who are raised up to positions of leadership, I have to remember that God put those people on the throne for only one thing: So His power will be revealed and so that His Name would be known in all the earth. I shouldn't get all bent out of shape when certain people rise to certain positions because God's plan is being worked out.

And, God made each one of us for that purpose and someday the entire scheme will be revealed and His glory will be over all. Some people know it and some people don't. Some people think they are in control and some people realize that God is orchestrating it all. I really want this to be something that I have in the front of my brain all the time. I really want this to be something that I am reminded about constantly…it is all for His glory, for His power, for His Name. When I do that I can relax as I watch His story (history) unfold.

No comments: