Sunday, September 25, 2011

God Does Not Stutter

Ex 40: 19,21,23,25,27,29 "as the LORD had commanded Moses."

Kind of an interesting address for a part of a verse. This make me think of two things. First, God had communicated clearly to Moses. He told him what needed to be done and how to do it. There was no question. There was no hesitance. There was no doubt on the part of Moses. God did not stutter. He specifically told Moses what He wanted.

I love this…the fact that God communicates with man. I don't just love it, I am astounded by it. That God, that Jehovah, that the LORD, that the One who made everything, who controls everything, who oversees everything, who had no beginning and no end, who is the Alpha and the Omega, that this God would even stoop to talk to a man. But He did and He still does. And the thing is, He still does not stutter. He continues to make His ways and His desires clear to us. In Moses' day, it was face to face. That would just blow me away. "Now in these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son." Heb 1:2 Jesus came to talk to us, to meet with us, to communicate with us, to show us the Father. And then look at this: "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." John 16:13 Here is part of the Godhead who is speaking, who is telling, who is communicating. God talking to us. And then this: "For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe." I Thes. 2:13 God still speaks through His Son, through the Holy Spirit and through the Word of God…and He does not stutter. If I let Him, He will clearly reveal to me what He wants. I just have to spend time with Him and listen.

And then this: Moses responded. God gave Moses specific plans on how to build the tabernacle and Moses did it exactly the way God commanded. This was not an option. Moses didn't say to God: "I don't like where you put the altar, let's move it over here." There were no design options for Moses. He did it exactly the way God told him to do it.

When God clearly speaks, when He clearly directs, when there is no hesitance, when there is no doubt, when God speaks with specificity we/I better do exactly what He says. I need to remember that He is God…I am not…and he does not stutter.


 

No comments: