Friday, December 9, 2011

Walk in Love

Eph 5:2 "And walk in love as Christ also loved us and given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God sweet smelling aroma." NKJV


 

So, be imitators of God. How? Walk in love as Christ love us and gave Himself for us.

This is heavy stuff. Sure, how can I imitate God? Love. After all, God is love. So when I love others, when I agape others, when I give others unconditional love, I am imitating God.


 

This, however, is not just a once in a while thing. This is a constant. This is a walk. This is a way of life. This is what should characterize my life. And the thing that characterizes this love? Giving and sacrifice. Whew. This is not something that comes naturally. In fact, I know that I am pretty self centered. I am not as generous as I should be and as far as sacrifice is concerned...well...


 

But Jesus' love was characterized by giving and by sacrifice, and this is how Paul challenged the Ephesian church to walk, and this is how I am being challenged to walk.


 

Giving and sacrificing my time. Giving and sacrificing my money. Giving and sacrificing my stuff. Giving and sacrificing my abilities. Giving and sacrificing my life? Guess what? That is what Jesus did and that is the extent of His love.


 

I have a long way to go.


 

No comments: