Sunday, March 18, 2012

WOW!

Job 11:7-9 "Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty? It is higher than heaven--what can you do? Deeper than Sheol--what can you know? Its measure is longer than the earth and broader
than the sea." ESV


 

Another friend. More advice. This time it seems to be a little more pointed. A little more of a lecture. (I am not sure that this is what Job needed at that point.) The thing is, the stuff that Zophar shared with him was true.


 

These verses remind me of: "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?" Rom 11:33,34


 

Knowing God's mind, finding out the deep things of God has recently been a mystery to me. I am of the mindset that this is impossible. There is no way that we can figure out God. He is too big. He is too massive. What can my little puny brain understand about the Creator of all things? Frankly, I don't think that we will ever know the depths of God until we get to heaven.


 

But then I come on verses like this: "To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in [fn] God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places." Eph 3:8-10 And: "so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Eph 3:17-19 And how about this: ""For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ." I Cor 2:16


 

Really? The church will make known the manifold wisdom of God to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places? Really? We can know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge? Really? We have the mind of Christ? That's what it says. So, I think God wants us to know more, to understand more than what I have ever imagined. No, it will not be full knowledge. Now we see in a glass darkly, but then face to face…but at least we see the reflection and that should blow me away.


 

Does it?

No comments: